Humanitarian, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate
Albert Schweitzer quotes:
- Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.
- Truth has no special time of its own. Its hour is now - always..
- A great secret of success is to go through live as a man who never gets used up.
- You must give time to your fellow men, even if it is a little thing, do something for others, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.
- I do not know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.
- A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives.
- In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight... The truly wise person is color-blind".
- I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: The ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.
- Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
- Happiness is nothing more than good health and bad memory.
- At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.
- Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
- Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it.
- Compassion, in which all ethics must take root, can only attain its full breadth and depth if it embraces all living creatures and does not limit itself to mankind.
Image Source: My collection